They say that the hardest thing about a podcast is getting through the first 10 episodes without giving up. Well, I made it. I would like to thank everyone that has taken the time to listen and provide feedback. And I will say Thank you to all those that listen to my podcast in the future as well.
I would like to take a couple of minutes to summarize some of the things that I have had to do and learn to get this going.
So here goes:
– Here are the things that I have learned by putting together this podcast.
– No matter how educated you think you are there is always something left for you to learn.
– Take broadcasting for example. I had to learn recording, hardware choices, sound quality, audio editing, marketing and advertising, and pretty much how to speak.
– If you have never recorded yourself and then listened to your voice on playback, try it. Record at least 5 minutes of yourself talking and then when you listen to the playback you will be amazed at how many so’s, and’s and um’s that you don’t realize that you are saying. I take some of those out in post-edit…..but not all of them.
– I learned all about Audacity, the open source recording and editing software. I know about half of the features and probably could benefit from about half of those that are left.
– I learned about marketing. Social media channels, Search Engine Optimization, and how to generate feedback.
So, once again thanks for tuning in and not tuning out.
Next Episode: Jenkins – Not your everyday butler!